A listed Grade II building, St James’s Church (1845) stands impressively at the centre of St James’s Gardens, at the Holland Park end of the parish. The spacious and majestic interior, beautifully illuminated by the original stained glass windows, enhances a reverent but unfussy approach to the Eucharist.
The congregation at St James is diverse and attracts people from a wide area. Relevant preaching and a welcoming attitude to children and young people are key features of its liberal catholic identity.
Each summer the church offers a Speaker programme, and the gardens are thrown open for a fete.