St Clement's Church (Grade II listed) was consecrated in 1867. It was founded by the Revd Arthur Dalgarno with his own funds, who worked without pay for many years. The church is in Notting Dale, by Ladbroke Grove.
The community spirit of its original foundation is apparent today in the work of The ClementJames Centre
The doors of St Clement's opened at 3.00 am on 14 June 2017, and the church became a relief centre in response to the Grenfell Tower fire. The Clement James Centre and the parish continue to work to support the community.
On 10 June 2018, a small, beautiful Garden for Peace and Healing on the north side of the church was dedicated by the Bishop of London and the Mayor of London.
Each summer, the church is transformed by the Notting Hill Carnival project, as young people create costumes for the new annual theme. After the Carnival Mass at 10.00 am on August Bank Holiday Sunday, young people and adults take to the road with a double-decker bus.
An altarpiece by Mark Cazalet
celebrates the Carnival as an outpouring of the creativity of God.